Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to common questions about our cruises
Answers to Commonly Asked Questions
Here’s a list of common questions we are often asked about our cruises. We have done our best to provide the answers, however if there’s a question you have and you can’t find the answer below, please contact us directly using the form.
Whats included in the price?
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation
- Transfers to Cygnet Bay and return
- Pearl farm tour at Cygnet Bay
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages – water, tea, coffee, soft drinks etc.
- All fishing gear -charges may be incurred for excessive loss of fishing equipment.
- Linen, towels, soap, sunscreen, insect repellent.
What’s not included in the price?
- All alcohol. Alcohol is BYO. You order it prior to your trip and we have it on board chilled and waiting.
- Travel insurance – we suggest travel insurance as emergency evacuation is very expensive.
- Personal toiletries.
What do I need to bring?
- Pack light, sun-smart clothing.
- Due to space restrictions please restrict luggage to one soft travel bag up to 10kg.
- During the months of June through August, a pair of long pants and long-sleeve top are advisable as evenings can get quite chilly.
- Sturdy shoes for bush walks (not boots).
- Medications – please inform the crew of medical requirements.
- Don’t forget the camera!
What if I have special Dietary requirements?
When booking your trip please ensure you inform us of any special dietary requirements you may have. We will do all we can to meet your needs to ensure you have a fantastic Kimberley experience.
When do we leave Broome?
We depart Broome for Cygnet Bay around 10.00 am then return the following Saturday arriving in Broome around mid afternoon.
We suggest Broome accommodation for one night either side of your cruise to allow for unforeseen delays due to weather, tides, aircraft etc.
Can I bring fish home?
We generally discourage taking home fish, we like to encourage conserving fish stocks so everyone can enjoy good fishing into the future. We do however eat plenty of magnificent fish on the cruise.
Is alcohol included in the price?
No, we don’t include alcohol in the cruise price as everyone has different tastes (and there isn’t room to stock all options). Drinks can be purchased through BWS Broome. Once your cruise booking is confirmed, we will email you all the details for click and collect orders. We then pick up your pre-purchased alcohol and have it transferred to our vessel.
Is there internet and phone access?
Part of the Kimberley experience is to be off the grid for a while. By day two you won’t even be reaching for your phone except to take some holiday snaps.
If you do need to contact the outside world whilst on your cruise, we do have a satellite phone on board you are welcome to use for a small cost.
From time to time we do travel through areas with mobile access, your crew will advise if and when this may happen and you can check emails, post your cruise pics on Facebook etc.
Have more questions?
Don’t see your question answered? Ask us what you’d like to know and we’ll contact you with the answer.
Ask a Question
We'd love to send you exclusive special deals on our cruises as well as inspirational photos and information about the Kimberley region of WA. Sign up now to get these emails direct to your Inbox!